Janie M Leonhardt MD
Dr Leonhardt is a board-certified dermatologist, cosmetic dermatologist and Mohs micrographic surgeon bringing both expertise to and passion for her work and the patient experience. After completing her dermatology training at Cooper University Medical Center/Rutgers in New Jersey in 2004, she then expanded her depth of training with focused fellowship training in Cosmetic Dermatology and Mohs Micrographic Surgery. This fellowship was dually accredited by the American College of Graduate Medical Education and by the American College of Mohs Surgery reflecting the highest standards of training in this field. Enjoying the academic setting and contributing to the education of future colleagues, Dr Leonhardt remained at Cooper University as an Assistant Professor of Medicine in the division of Procedural Dermatology, training dermatology residents and procedural dermatology/Mohs surgery fellows. She has published articles and textbook chapters on skin cancer reconstruction, liposuction, fillers and chemical peels in addition to participating as a physician co-investigator in FDA Phase III Trials for Dysport (an injectable cosmetic treatment for fine lines). As an expert in her field, she has been asked to review articles for the journal Dermatologic Surgery. Dr Leonhardt transitioned to the Pacific Northwest in June of 2010 and joined Lake Washington Dermatology in January 2015. She is an expert in skin cancer identification and treatment as well as evaluation and comprehensive treatment of the aging face, including treatments such as Botox, dermal fillers, lasers and sclerotherapy. She brings depth of knowledge, expertise, warmth and experience to her patients. When not enjoying the practice of medicine, she cherishes time with family including her two children, traveling, and world cuisine.
Lake Washington Dermatology
10117 NE 58th St Ste 200
Kirkland, WA 98033
(877) 821-6363 Toll free
(425) 821-6363 Phone
(425) 821-4804 Fax
- Mohs micrographic surgery
- Washington State, Physician and Surgeon, MD60139897
- American Board of Dermatology , Dermatology - General
POST GRADUATE TRAINING
American College of Mohs Surgery-Procedural Dermatology
Cooper University Hospital
, Camden, NJ
Resident, Chief Resident, Dermatology, 2001-2004
ASDS Resident Scholarship Recipient
Janet M Glasgow Memorial Achievement Award
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
, Cincinnati, OH
Preliminary Medicine, 2000-2001
Northeast Ohio Medical University
, Rootstown, OH
Secretary, Alpha Omega Alpha, 1999-2000
Hartford-American Federation for Aging Research Scholar, 1997
The University of Akron
, Akron, OH
Phi Beta Kappa, 1995
Virginia Mason Medical Center
, Seattle, WA
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American College of Mohs Surgery
- American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
- American Medical Association
- Washington State Medical Association
- Leonhardt JM, Lawrence N, Narins R. Angiodema hypersensitivity reaction to injectable hyaluronic acid. Dermatol Surg, 2005 May, 31(5): 577-9.
- Leonhardt JM, Lawrence N. Back To Basics: The subcutaneous island pedicle flap. Dermatol Surg, 2004 Dec, 30(12 Pt 2): 1587-90.
- Ai J, Leonhardt JM, Heymann WR. Autoimmune thyroid disease: etiology, pathogenesis, and dermatologic manifestations. J Am Acad Dermatol, 2003 May; 48(5): 641-59; quiz 660-2.
- Mehrabi D, Leonhardt JM, Brodell RT. Removal of keratinous and pilar cysts with the punch technique; analysis of surgical outcomes. Dermatol Surg, 2002 Aug; 28(8): 673-7.
- Leonhardt JM, Heymann WR. Thyroid disease and the skin. Dermatol Clin. 2002 Jul; 20(3): 473-81, vii.